Mercado Juarez is a takeaway taqueria in the picturesque village of Burringbar on the Tweed Coast. Started by husband and wife duo Jefte & Joey Juarez of Dona Cholita & chef, Jorge Fernandez. Their vision is to bring heart & soul to Mexican food in Australia.
Good food has a strong essence, it embodies the heart and soul of a country, ‘through food we can find our home.’ – Christina Martinez, Chef’s Table.
Mercado Juarez is all about bringing people together through a love of Mexican food, it is a testament to our Mexican heritage and gives us a way to share our passion for Mexican food with Australia. In Mexico, food is so ingrained in the culture it is a way for people to connect & express their passion & love for life.
- Our recipes are REAL Mexican recipes from the kitchens of our Abuelas (grandmothers), our mamas and our own experiments.
- All our takeaway containers are compostable; you won’t find any single use plastic here.
- All our kitchen scraps are collected by our local permaculture farmers to be turned into soil, chicken or worm food and everything else gets recycled where possible.
- All our meats are from our local butcher just 50m up the road!
- Our tortillas & corn chips are organic and made on the premises by our awesome Doña Cholita team
Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy mouth-watering Mexican food and a glorious northern rivers sunset in the park over the road.